What is a pending authorisation on my account?

You can’t stop or cancel a transaction while it’s still pending. Only the Merchant (that is, the service provider or business that the money is going to) can request to release or reverse a pending transaction. To do so, they’ll need to submit a request to us, providing the following transaction details on their company letterhead:

  • Card number
  • Expiry date
  • Cardholder name
  • Authorisation number, if available
  • Amount of authorisation

The Merchant can send the request to us by email (DQ&CMProcessing@suncorp.com.au) or fax (07 3031 2626). If we don’t receive all these details from the relevant merchant, we may not be able to release or reverse a pending transaction

Alternatively, you can wait until the transaction has gone through and dispute it through the Suncorp Bank App for Visa Debit card transactions, or by completing the transaction dispute form for personal credit accounts.

Need more help?

If you haven't found what you're looking for, please get in touch