20 February 2015
As Queensland residents face the onslaught of Tropical Cyclone Marcia, Suncorp Bank has released a financial relief package for impacted customers.
Suncorp Bank Regional Manager for Central and South Queensland, Craig Armstrong, said Suncorp Bank was committed to supporting customers as they dealt with the aftermath of Cyclone Marcia.
“We have been supporting Queenslanders for more than 110 years and we’ll be there to help our customers get back on their feet following this major event,” Mr Armstrong said.
“Suncorp Bank’s financial relief package provides customers with flexible finance options during times of hardship due to extreme natural hazard events.
“All Suncorp Bank customers impacted by Cyclone Marcia are eligible for support and our staff are ready to assist them with their financial concerns.”
Effective immediately, Suncorp Bank is offering the following relief assistance options to impacted customers:
- An opportunity to defer loan repayments for a period
- The bank fees for agreed variations to loans to residential, personal, business and agribusiness customers will be reduced
- Waived early withdrawal fees for those clients wishing to withdraw from term deposits
- Refund of merchant rental fees for a period
- Credit card repayment relief where necessary
- An opportunity to defer up to three monthly repayments on equipment finance facilities
Suncorp Bank customers should contact the Call Centre on 13 11 75 or visit www.suncorpbank.com.au
Suncorp Insurance customers can lodge a claim 24 hours a day by calling 13 25 24 or online at www.suncorp.com.au
Media Inquiries: Ashleigh Paterson 07 3135 2562 or 0407 925 665
Suncorp Group includes leading general insurance, banking, life insurance and superannuation brands in Australia and New Zealand. The Group has 14,500 employees and relationships with nine million customers. Suncorp Group Limited is a Top 15 ASX-listed company with $94 billion in assets. Suncorp Bank is Australia’s leading regional bank servicing more than one million personal, SME and agribusiness customers.