Cash Passport Travel Money Card
The prepaid travel money card for easy spending overseas.
Multi-currency Cash PassportTM is a prepaid travel money card that makes overseas spending easy and safe. It's perfect for withdrawing cash overseas to pay for things like accommodation, transport, food, and even for shopping online.
No set up or reload fees when you use the online Multi-Currency Cash Passport portal.
- Pre-load up to 10 currencies
- Simple online management, and reload available via BPAY®, online or in branch
- No international ATM or point of sale purchase fees#
- Access to up to 2.1 million ATMs worldwide that accept MasterCard®
- You can also order and reload your Cash Passport travel money card today at your nearest Suncorp Bank branch.
Use your Cash Passport travel card online or to pay directly for goods and services where MasterCard is accepted, or withdraw local currency from any ATM displaying the MasterCard acceptance mark.
Your Cash Passport travel money card is Chip and PIN protected, and not linked to your regular bank account or savings. Plus a free second back-up card is provided in case your card is lost or stolen.
Easy to Budget
- Avoid currency fluctuations by loading funds into foreign currency before your trip.
- Because your Cash Passport travel money card is prepaid, there won’t be unexpected bills when you return home.
Set up/reload costs
No set up fee or reload fees when you use the online portal.
1% fee of the amount you reload if you pay by BPAY with the details on the back of your card.
$15 initial card load or reload fee when you visit your nearest Suncorp Bank branch.
Save on fees by always using the online portal to reload your card.
Others fees and charges may apply – refer to the Multi-currency Cash Passport Product Disclosure Statement.
Ordering your card
Alternatively, visit your nearest Suncorp Bank branch to purchase your Cash Passport for $15.
Reloading your card
- Fee Free with the Online Portal: Reload for free, manage your money, and check your balances 24/7 via the Cash Passport online portal. Reload in three simple steps:
- Visit the Online Portal and select ‘Top Up Card’.
- Follow the prompts to generate an invoice to pay via BPAY. This will be emailed to you.
- Pay via BPAY using Biller Code 303941. Your Unique Customer Reference Number will be generated in your reload confirmation email.
- 1% Fee BPAY option: If you use the BPAY reload details on the back of your card, you’ll be charged a 1% fee of the amount you reload.
- $15 In Branch: Alternatively, visit your local Suncorp Bank branch to reload your Cash Passport for $15 each load. Your first card load and following reloads in branch will generally be on your Cash Passport within two (2) business hours.
What you’ll need
- You don’t need a bank account to have a Cash Passport card.
There’s no minimum age required to apply in branch. However, the minimum age to apply online is 18 years.
You will need an Australian Drivers Licence or Passport.
Register your card
Once you have your card, visit the online portal and select ‘My Account’ and follow the prompts to register your Cash Passport. After you register your card, you’ll be able to:
- View your Cash Passport balance.
- Move your money across different currencies (fees apply – refer to the Fees and Limits table in the Product Disclosure Statement).
- See your recent transactions, view statements, and cash out your card.
How to check your card PIN online
- Log in to "My Account" at http://suncorp.cashpassport.com.au/
- Go to Card Settings
- Select PIN Reveal
- Complete the card details requested and the PIN will be revealed on the screen
Please note: once your PIN has been revealed, allow 15 seconds for the session to complete before closing the PIN reveal window. Not doing this may result in further sessions being unavailable without your browser having to be restarted.
Customers can also still call the 24/7 Global Assistance service to be advised of their PIN or if they need assistance at 1800 098 231.
When you get home
It’s easy to access any leftover money on your Cash Passport when you return home from overseas.
You can either:
- Withdraw money using an Australian ATM (fees apply for domestic withdrawals);
- Use any leftover money in Australia via EFTPOS (transactions requiring a currency conversion will attract a currency conversion fee); or
- Visit the online portal, scroll to the bottom of the page and follow the instructions in “Cash Out, Multi-currency Cash Out Form” to have your money returned to your bank account for a $10 fee.
If you need help
Having travel card problems? 24/7 help is available on the 24 hour Global Assistance helpline.
|New Zealand||0800 444 691|
|Australia||1800 098 231|
|Hong Kong||800 966 321|
|Japan||00531 780 221|
|South Korea||00798 4434 1279|
|Thailand||001800 442 212|
|UK||0800 056 0572|
|USA/Canada||1 877 465 0085|
|Other Countries*||+44 207 649 9404|
*Please remember to add the international prefix of the country you are in, at the beginning of this number (in most cases this is 00, for example 0044 207 649 9404). Calls to this number are not free of charge.