Telegraphic Transfer out of Australia
The safest and quickest way to send money overseas.
A Telegraphic Transfer allows you to electronically transfer funds overseas to an account at another financial institution. Simply visit your local Suncorp branch or use the Global Payments system via Suncorp Internet Banking.
Variety of uses
Suncorp Bank branch - visit your local Suncorp Bank branch during branch hours. There is no set upper limit on the Telegraphic Transfer value (subject to cleared funds being available).
Global Payments - Subject to your Daily Limit, the transaction limits for Online Telegraphic Transfers are:
Up to AUD $20,000 - can be completed 24 hours a day (except Queensland and National Public Holidays); and
Transactions over AUD $20,000 can only be completed during the hours 8.00 am and 6.00pm AEST on any Business Day (being Monday to Friday, except Queensland and National Public Holidays).
A single Online Telegraphic Transfer cannot exceed AUD $50,000.
The maximum amount that can be transferred within a 48 hour period is AUD $100,000 per Customer ID.
A Security Token will be required to use the Global Payments system.
Application for Overseas Telegraphic Transfer
The following payment instructions need to be included in your Telegraphic Transfer request;
- The amount you wish to transfer
- The currency to be sent
- Recipient account name
- Recipient account number (IBANs are required for all transfers to Europe and the United Kingdom)
- Recipient address details (including phone number)
- Recipient bank name and address
- Recipient bank SWIFT code
- Intermediary bank and their SWIFT code if required
- Reason for payment
Foreign Exchange Rate Calculator
Use our foreign exchange rate calculator for a quick estimate
AUD $30 per transaction (plus overseas bank charges) for a telegraphic transfer processed via a Suncorp branch
AUD $20 per transaction (plus overseas bank charges) for an online telegraphic transfer processed via Global Payments
Telegraphic Transfer Process
1. Simply visit your local Suncorp branch during branch hours; or
2. Log on to Suncorp Internet Banking and process your Telegraphic Transfer via Global Payments for amounts under AUD $50,000 equivalent. The maximum amount that can be processed via Global Payments is AUD $50,000 equivalent. A Security Token will be required for all online Telegraphic Transfers processed by the Global Payments system; or
3. If you do not have Internet Banking access and you can not visit a Suncorp branch you will need to have your Power of Attorney (POA) / Third Party to Operate (TPO) perform the transaction on your behalf. Ensure all the required payment instructions are provided to your POA/TPO.
If you require further instructions please call the Suncorp Call Centre on 13 11 75 or if you are overseas on 617 3362 1222.