You can protect yourself by ensuring your contact details are up to date and your mail is not going to an old address.
- Secure your mailbox with a padlock and keep all your personal documents in a safe and secure place.
- Report lost wallets, lost identification and lost bank cards. Suncorp Bank has a dedicated hotline for reporting lost or stolen banks cards 1800 775 020
- Shred all documents with a quality shredder before throwing them in the bin.
- Notify Suncorp Bank if you notice any unusual transactions on your accounts.
- If you receive mail from a financial institution you don’t bank with, advise them immediately.
- Regularly check your credit history with www.mycreditfile.com.au