Verified by Visa
Making online shopping even safer
We know the safety and security of your money is important to you, which is why we’re proud to announce the launch of Verified by Visa, which will provide added security to ensure only you, the authorised cardholder, can use your Suncorp Bank Clear Options Credit Card to make online purchases.
How does it work?
When you're shopping online with your Suncorp Bank Clear Options Credit Card at retailers who have signed up to Verified by Visa you may be asked to enter an SMS code before finalising your purchase. This SMS code will be instantly sent to your mobile phone and by entering it online, will confirm that you’re the person making the purchase on your card.
If an incorrect SMS code is entered, the purchase will not be completed. So, even if someone knows your credit or debit card number, they can't complete a purchase without the entering the correct SMS code.
What do I need to do?
- Make sure we have your up-to-date mobile phone number. You can check and update your contact details one of three ways:
- Log in to Internet Banking.
- Select ‘Settings and Security’ from the menu on the left.
- Select the ‘Update Contact Details’ tab and enter your mobile phone number.
- Press the ‘Submit’ button.
- Give us a call on 13 11 75, and we’ll make sure your mobile phone number is up-to-date.
- Drop into your nearest branch to update your mobile phone number. Find your nearest branch here.
- Make sure your mobile phone is turned on, in service and nearby when you’re shopping online so you can receive your SMS code.
What if I don’t have a mobile phone?
If you don’t have a mobile phone, you’ll be given a phone number to call before finalising your online purchase so your transaction can be manually “pushed” through.
Do I have to participate?
Verified by Visa is compulsory for cardholders, but won’t apply to all online transactions – only those where the retailer is registered for the service and where the transaction may be high risk, for example due to the type of transaction, country of origin and the merchant’s history with fraudulent transactions.
Most participating online stores will display the Verified by Visa logo on their site during the checkout process. However, even if you don't see the logos, the merchant may still offer you protection and you will be prompted to enter your SMS code.
*MasterCard is the registered trademark of MasterCard International Incorporated.