Business Debit Card with Visa payWave
The Suncorp Bank Business Visa Debit Card provides you with a convenient, secure and simple way to access money directly from your transaction account.
For purchases under $100, simply wave your card in front of the Visa payWave reader at participating merchants.
Features & Fees
- Access your business’s day-to-day money in more places with Visa payWave enabled Business Debit card.Forget about fumbling around for cash – Visa payWave is the simplest way to pay. For purchases under $100, just look for the Visa payWave symbol at participating merchants, hold your card against the reader, wait for the terminal to approve your purchase and you’re done.
- McDonald’s, Bunnings Warehouse and 7 Eleven are just a few of the merchants already offering Visa payWave, with more adding the facility every day – visit Visa payWave to see the full list of participating merchants.
- The Business Debit card with Visa payWave can also be used to access your business’s money at over 30 million outlets worldwide where Visa is accepted, at ATMs throughout Australia (including more than 2000 Suncorp Bank and Bendigo Bank ATMs), at EFTPOS terminals, online and over the phone.
Verified by Visa
- Peace of mind when you make purchases online using your Suncorp Bank Visa Debit card.
- A sophisticated risk engine monitors all online transactions, assessing a wide range of factors to determine whether further authentication is required to ensure your card is not being used fraudulently.
- Further authentication, when required, will be sent to your mobile phone in the form of a one-time passcode. This will need to be entered into the merchant's payment screen to allow the purchase to be completed. If you do not have a mobile phone number registered with Suncorp Bank, you will be asked to verify information held by Suncorp Bank to complete the transaction.
- Visa payWave offers one of the safest payment options around. It’s not possible for your card to be accidentally charged, as an authentic transaction needs to be initiated in a retail store.
- By using a Business Debit card with Visa payWave, you’re covered by our Zero Liability1 policy for unauthorised transactions, giving you extra peace of mind. And when Visa payWave isn’t available, press the ‘credit’ button for even more security. This way your transaction will go through the Visa network, even though you’re paying with your business’s money.
- Also, your card is embedded with the latest EMV microchip technology, which provides both data protection and transaction security, and makes it more difficult for your card details to be fraudulently copied.
- Verified by Visa offers an added layer of protection when you make online purchases using your Suncorp Bank Visa Debit Card. All active Suncorp Bank Business Visa Debit cards are automatically enrolled. See the Verified by Visa tab to learn more.
- Free to add a Business Debit card with Visa payWave to your Suncorp Bank Business transaction account.
- Free to link secondary cardholders to your Business Debit card with Visa payWave
- Foreign currency conversion fee for Visa is 3% of the converted Australian dollar transaction amount, made or charged to your account2.
- Cash advance at non-Suncorp Bank institutions is $5 per $1000 advanced or part thereof via an over the counter transaction or through an overseas or other bank ATM.
- For all fees and charges related to Suncorp Bank Business Deposit Accounts please refer to the Product Information Document.
Who can apply for a Business Debit Card?
You’re eligible for a Business Debit card with Visa payWave if you’re 16 years or older and if you are a permanent resident of Australia. Other conditions may apply.
Which account can have a Business Debit card with Visa payWave?
You’ve got the option to use a Business Debit card with Visa payWave with any of our business transaction accounts that have card access, including:
For further information, please call 13 11 75.
- Purchase stock from US or UK merchants with ease
- Combine purchases from different vendors to save on shipping
- Take the guess work out of taxes and duties
Bringing the very best entertainment experiences directly to you. Everything from concerts and cinema, to sporting events and travel offers. All it takes is Visa Entertainment and it’s only open to Visa debit, credit and prepaid cardholders.
Find out more
What You Will Need
Whether you are a new customer or have been with us for a while it’s easy for us to organise a Business Debit card with Visa payWave. Just let us know:
- When you’re opening your new Business Everyday Account or Business Premium Account, either online or at a branch; or
- Call us on 13 11 75.
Visa payWave - Frequently Asked Questions
Visa payWave technology makes it quick and easy to pay for items under $100, and you’ve got the freedom to make purchases overseas, online, over the phone, at ATMs and at EFTPOS terminals. You can also pay for purchases over $100 with Visa payWave, you just need to enter a PIN or sign for the transaction.
How does the Visa payWave technology actually work?
An antenna has been embedded into your new card, so when you wave it in front of the Visa payWave reader, it securely transmits information to the terminal to make your purchase.
What are the benefits?
A Suncorp Bank Debit Card with Visa payWave is a quicker and more convenient way to pay: - It saves time on both sides of the counter due to shorter transaction times and shorter queue times. - It’s more convenient as you no longer need to worry about carrying around pockets of cash. - The card doesn’t leave your hand at checkout - You don’t have to sign anything or enter a PIN for purchases under $100.
Where can I use Visa payWave?
McDonald’s, Bunnings Warehouse and 7 Eleven are just a few of the merchants already offering Visa payWave, with more adding the facility every day. Use your new Debit Card with Visa payWave at these places or at over 30 million outlets worldwide where Visa is accepted, at ATMs throughout Australia (including more than 2000 Suncorp Bank and Bendigo Bank ATMs), online and over the phone.
To find an up to date list of merchants accepting Visa payWave, go to: http://www.visapaywave.com.au/
Is there a limit on the value of goods I can purchase?
You can use your Suncorp Bank Debit Card with Visa payWave for any amount in Australia. For purchases under $100 you can wave and go. For purchases over $100 a PIN or signature is required.
What happens if I try to purchase goods over $100?
For purchases exceeding $100 you can still use your Suncorp Bank Debit Card with Visa payWave by entering your PIN or signing to authorise the transaction.
Is there any chance of it double-charging me?
Visa payWave terminals are designed to only make one transaction per card at a time. All Visa payWave terminals are tested and certified to confirm that a card is only read once before the transaction is concluded. As a safeguard, each transaction must be complete or void before another one can take place.
How do I know when a payment has been made?
Your transaction is confirmed by illumination of four green indicator lights and a display message confirming that your transaction has been successful.
What if I just walk past a Visa payWave reader?
No. Your card needs to be within 4cm of the Visa payWave reader and held for more than half a second for a transaction to be processed. Also, the merchant must first enter the amount for you to approve, so there’ll be no ‘surprise’ purchases.
Is Visa payWave secure?
Because your card never needs to leave your hand, Visa payWave offers one of the safest payment options around – and it’s not possible for your card to be accidentally charged, as an authentic transaction needs to be initiated in a retail store. Visa’s Zero Liability policy^ covers you for unauthorised transactions, giving you extra peace of mind.
^Cardholder’s liability is limited to zero for unauthorised transactions, provided the cardholder notifies Suncorp Bank of unauthorized Visa transactions, and there is no evidence of cardholder negligence, fraud or collusion.
Will you check to see if I have available funds in my account?
Yes, all transactions are online and fully authorised. We will check you have available funds to conduct the transaction the same as a normal transaction.
Can I use my card at places that don't have payWave terminals?
The card’s chip and magnetic stripe also allows the card to be used in the same way a traditional Suncorp Bank Visa debit card is used wherever Visa is accepted (using a signature or PIN).
Can I get cash out using Visa payWave?
You’re not able to get cash out by just waving your card. If you have transaction accounts linked to your card and the merchant allows the ‘cash out’ option, you can get cash out by pressing either the ‘credit’, ‘cheque’ or ‘savings’ button, swiping or inserting your card into the terminal and entering your PIN.
Things you should know
Banking products issued by Suncorp-Metway Ltd ABN 66 010 831 722 ‘Suncorp Bank’. Please read the Product Information Document before making any decisions regarding this product. Visit your nearest branch or call 13 11 75 for more information. Terms and conditions, fees and charges may apply and are available on request.
1. Cardholder’s liability is limited to zero for unauthorised transactions, provided the cardholder notifies Suncorp Bank of unauthorised Visa transactions, and there is no evidence of cardholder negligence, fraud or collusion.
2. The exchange rate between the transaction currency and the billing currency used for processing foreign currency transactions is a wholesale market rate selected by Visa from within a range of wholesale rates in effect one day prior to the processing date plus the percentage that Suncorp Bank charges for the foreign currency conversion fee above.